Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Emperor Foods 君悅排骨


A few weeks ago I posted about this place already, but I didn't write anything, and some people have been telling me I'd cheaped out. (You can see that post here). And honestly, it deserves a lot of praise and business.


Emperor Foods makes the most incredible fried pork chop. The outside is so crispy and slightly peppery, and the meat is incredibly succulent and fatty. It is the most glorious, beautiful piece of pork ever.



You can get the pork chop with either noodles or rice. The noodles are pretty simple; they're thin noodles in a light pork broth with bean sprouts, cabbage, and black pepper. The rice is kind of a Taiwanese style bibimbap, with various toppings that are different every day. They're both great, although I prefer the noodles--the pork chop with a ton of toppings can get heavy, so I like a light, clear broth instead.

This place really ruined Taiwanese food in America for me. There's a place in New York's Chinatown called Excellent Pork Chop House, but it is really far from excellent, especially when you've had Emperor Foods. Really, the pork chop here will make you feel like no other pork chop is good.

Emperor Foods 君悅排骨
Various locations
*This chain doesn't have a website, but you can Google it and find your nearest location

No comments:

Post a Comment