Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thumbs down for Les Halles

This afternoon I was walking up Park Avenue looking for a restaurant to try. I decided on Les Halles in the Flatiron District; it's recommended by Michelin guides, and Anthony Bourdain (famous for shows like No Reservations) used to work here as executive chef. I didn't feel like eating anything too heavy, so I just got an onion soup and quiche. The onion soup was just fine, and not important to my story. The quiche, on the other hand, had tomatoes and goat cheese. I took one bite and spat it out. The cheese was more or less rotten, and it had taken me less than a second to taste it. I rinsed out my mouth, but I guess that wasn't enough, because just three hours later I got food poisoning. I'm not going to get graphic here, but I'm sure it's going to last for a while.

I was really expecting a lot more from a reputable restaurant. And I don't feel like two dishes is too few to form a solid opinion about Les Halles; a restaurant that serves its customers rotten, sour goat cheese and makes its customers sick cannot be forgiven.

Thanks, Les Halles. No like for you.

Les Halles
411 Park Avenue South, between 28th and 29th St
http://leshalles.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment