Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Beef noodles at Queen House


I really have a high standard where beef noodles are concerned--I'm actually Taiwanese, not just born to Taiwanese parents and went to Taipei once for Loveboat--so almost all beef noodles in America have been disappointing :/ However, the one at Queen House is not bad at all! The broth is really nice and rich, the beef is tender, and the noodles are the perfect, dense texture.

So much fat!
However,  the broth is not very clear. I feel like it was a bit of a rushed job. Even though the flavor is really beefy and savory, they really should've strained it. You cook the broth for a pretty long time, so bits of green onion, fat, and other solids from the braising liquid become mushy and cloud the broth. All the particles make the soup really sticky :(

So much grease!
Although this dish is not perfect, this is as close as I've gotten in America. I have to stop having expectations--then I'll never be disappointed!

Queen House
273 Castro Street

No comments:

Post a Comment