Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hot or Not: Green tea Kit Kats


Everyone has been going crazy over green tea-flavored Kit Kats lately, so I had to pick up a bag.

Instead of chocolate, it's a green tea-flavored coating. However, I find these so much sweeter than I'd expected; they're more of a white chocolate (which means a lot of sugar) with green tea essence. You don't really get that great aroma and slight bitterness of green tea, which really disappointed me. I just wish they would've stuck to a more true green tea flavor, instead of ruining it with a ton of sugar.


Also... the price. I got mine at my local Nijiya (a chain of Japanese supermarkets; http://www.nijiya.com/) for $5.99 (12 mini bars per bag). I'm not really one to skimp on food, but I feel like that's a little much for 24 bites of sugar. However, if there aren't any stores around you that carry it, you can buy it online for much, much more--Amazon sells it for up to $45 (!!!).


Hot or Not: NOT
I just feel like these are a little gimmicky, and not as well done as green tea snacks should be--especially for the price. I really don't think there's any reason to go out of your way to find these. If I had to recommend a green tea-flavored snack, it would be the limited-edition Pockys--they're much less sweet, cheaper, and more easily found in stores at reasonable prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment